This DIY laptop needs to be taken apart
Stay on top of the latest technology with PCWorld’s digital magazine. Available as single copies or as a monthly subscription, it showcases PCWorld.com’s best content – the most important news, top product reviews, and most useful features and how-to stories – in a magazine. digital curated for Android and iOS, as well as desktop readers and other tablets.
In the September issue
This month meet the laptop that wants you to take it apart. We’re showcasing the best pre-built PCs with AMD’s Ryzen APUs. Check out our selections of the best online marketplaces for the sale of used devices. Find out how to check your laptop’s battery status.
Other highlights include:
- New: Discover the Galaxy Z Fold3 and Z Flip3. Also, repair Windows 11 Start menu with Stardock’s new simple app
- AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT review: Killer 1080p graphics card with pandemic price tag
- HP Elite Folio Review: Extreme mobility for a price
- Seagate Firecuda 530 review: It’s very very fast
- Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 review: Small camera with good image quality
- Here’s how: 3 tips for scoring the best tech deals. How to turn your iPad into a real laptop replacement. How to install fonts in Windows 10
To concern: Once upon a time, Intel’s gaming NUCs were too small for a DIY enthusiast to replicate with standard parts. That’s not the case with Beast Canyon, which is roughly the size of an eGPU box. This makes the high cost more difficult to justify.
Read your problems on PC or Mac
You can now read all issues as part of your subscription through a browser on Mac or PC. Just go to this link. Click on the icon at the top right (a box with an arrow inside). Existing users of the application should click on “Do you already have an account?” Under the registration form, then log in with your credentials for the PCWorld digital magazine app. From there, you will have access to all the numbers that are part of your subscription. Visit using a Chrome browser and you can download our PCWorld desktop reader for offline (or big screen) reading.
How to subscribe and start reading
Subscribers can visit this page to learn how to access PCWorld on any device and start reading the current issue immediately.
The subscribers: Update your PCWorld app to the latest version today!
Not a subscriber? With the PCWorld subscription, you have access to the digital magazine on as many devices as you want. Subscribe today!
A problem with your subscription or a question to ask? Please email us at [email protected]